Covid, masks, testing and the ‘pass sanitaire’
British travellers can now visit France! French minister Jean-Baptiste Lemoyne confirmed that from 14 January 2022 “We are relaxing the entry conditions to France from the UK for vaccinated travelers.”
Travelling to France from the UK:
- Adults 18+ must:
a) be fully vaccinated*
b) have a negative PCR or authorised LFT within 24 hours
c) Complete a ‘sworn statement’
- Children 12-18 – vaccinated or not – can travel with their fully vaccinated parents. They need:
a) A negative PCR or authorised LFT within 24 hours
b) Complete a ‘sworn statement’
- Children under 12 can travel with a fully vaccinated adult. They will need:
a) Complete a ‘sworn statement’ (no test required)
Entry in France via Switzerland:
To enter France from Switzerland (incl Geneva airport), all passengers need to complete a Swiss locator form for the transit, then follow the above rules in order to enter France.
Covid guidelines in Courchevel/Three Valleys
(information updated 24 January 2022)
Ski lifts, bars and restaurants
To access the ski lifts, and in bars and restaurants, the requirements as of 24th January are as follows:
- Adult 18+ = you’ll need a ‘pass vaccinale’ showing that you are up to date with your vaccinations
- Children 12-18 = you’ll need a ‘pass sanitaire’ to show your vaccinations and/or tests
- Children under 12 = no pass required
Masks/face coverings are necessary in all shops and interior public spaces in France and in some exterior public spaces if there are crowds.
Testing in Courchevel:
Should you experience symptoms whilst in resort, or need a test for your onward journey upon leaving Courchevel, these are your options for covid testing:
- There is a walk-in centre for antigen/lateral flow testing in Courchevel 1550.
- In La Tania you can make an appointment with Dr Aude here (select ‘depistage Covid-19 test antigenique’ from the drop-down menu in ‘motif de consultation’).
- For PCR tests, this is by appointment only at the testing centre in Courchevel 1850 in the Croisette building (the large building at the bottom of the slopes which contains the ESF and lift pass offices.) Appointments can be made on the SYNLAB Pays de Savoie website (this is the name of the laboratory that processes the test). Choose the location by scrolling down to TEST PCR COURCHEVEL – 112 rue du Rocher, COURCHEVEL 1850, 73120. You will receive your results within 24 hours.
We know that information and advice is changing regularly. If you have a specific question, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Receive our latest deals direct to your inbox…
(We promise never to share your details with anyone else)